Just because you are a male, does not mean that you don’t have to take care of your skin! You still have to take care of your skin—male or female. Today I want to focus on men and their skin. A man’s skin is in actual fact very different from a female’s skin. First of all, the layers of the skin are very different compared to female skin. Secondly males have much larger pores. Thirdly, as a male, you have much more oil glands in order to producemore lubrication for longer periods of time. Just by saying that, you can already see that male skin care is incredibly important already. One thing that does count in your favor as a male is the fact your anti-aging defense is higher, but that still doesn’t mean that you have to neglect your skin. Men and Skin Care Tip #1—Shaving on a daily basis Yes, as a male you want to look clean and shaved every day, but that doesn’t mean you have to sit with horrible side effect as a result of daily shaving. Using just any old shaving cream and a disposable razor might work short term, but in the long run, you will see the effect of that and it can be painful and uncomfortable! After you have shaved, opt for using correct male skin care products for your specific skin type. Men and Skin Care Tip #2—Follow a routine in the morning Just like a female follows a daily skin care routine, it is vitally important that you, as a male, do the same. Cleanse your skin and then rinse with lukewarm water. Opt for a Pre-Shave Conditioner before you shave, but keep in mind that this is for wet shaving only. After your beard has softened, apply your shaving cream, over the Pre-Shave Conditioner. When you shave use long, smooth stroke—remembering to shave in the direction that your beard grows which is usually downwards. Please don’t be hard on your beard, be gentle as the less you feel the blade against your skin, the better. Rinse off with lukewarm water—remember that the product residue may cause dehydrated skin. Then apply a cleansing lotion, keeping in mind your skin type and condition of course. Men and Skin Care Tip #3—Follow a routine at night Always wash your face before you go to bed! Massaging your cleanser in circular motions will help to get the dirt and oil loose, but it will also stimulate the blood circulation. Rinse and apply a toner—wiping in an outward direction will help get rid of all residue that might still be left on your skin. Apply a night cream and even an eye cream will work wonders for your skin. A drying lotion can also work for pimples! This daily routine might seem like too much of mission to you, but trust me, you will benefit from it! Just some quick do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when it comes to men and skin care:
- Men and Skin Care DO—always use proper skin care products for your skin type;
- Men and Skin Care DON’T—do not use aftershave or cologne that has a high alcohol lever after shaving; this will result in dry and irritated skin;
- Men and Skin Care DO—soothing creams on a shaved face can work wonders for your skin;
- Men and Skin Care DON’T—never leave your skin unprotected from the sun;
- Men and Skin Care DO—lukewarm water is a must in order to rid your skin of excess oil and impurities;
- Men and Skin Care DON’T—avoid grabbing just any bar of soap that is lying around to wash your skin. You will strip your skin of natural oil when you do this;
- Men and Skin Care DO—opt for special skin care products if you have problem skin;
- Men and Skin Care DON’T—avoiding frequent breakouts is a no-no. This has to be treated and if it is frequent, opt for seeing a skin care specialist to help you in this area.
I know, I know…you’re probably thinking “I don’t have to follow this” and yes, you don’t, but you will regret it in the long run. By following these simple steps will result in clearer, smoother skin and your skin will thank you for it!